The #FashionXGirls visit Birds Barbershop for a day of pampering and getting hair cuts for Austin Fashion Week 2016. We visited the location on Rock Rose in The Domain, but Birds Barbershop has seven other locations, find a nearest Birds here. Birds Barbershop has their own line of great hair products called Verb, which you can purchase on location (note the verb products are noted in hair steps).
Looking for some hair inspiration for Austin Fashion Week or any other event? Here’s some steps you can follow:
- Shampoo/condition with verb hydrating shampoo + conditioner.
- Blow-dry hair with round brush to 50% dry, then use verb volume spray from mid section of hair to ends in even sections.
- Continue blow-dry to 80% dry, then use verb sea spray from mid section of hair to end in even sections to create more volume and texture.
- Once hair is completely dry, use two pumps of verb ghost oil on mid section of hair to ends for shine.
For Kylie’s Deep Condition and waves:
- The deep conditioning treated started with combing out any visible tangles before going to the shampoo bowl.
- After shampooing, Bird’s leave in conditioning mask was evenly distributed all over the hair for 5-7 minutes to process.
- After blowing out the hair, a flat iron was used to create soft waves. Grab a section of hair, and wrap hair around the iron.
- Fluff out waves with your hands and continue until you have the desired look.
- Verb ghost oil?and volume spray were?applied after curls were completed.
Birds Barbershop Marks 10th?Anniversary?with Blowout Birthday Party
On?Sun., May 15?from?2 to 6 p.m.,?Birds Barbershop will host a 10th?birthday party in the parking lot of its first location at 2110 S. Lamar. Free and for all ages, this family-friendly event features performances from the Barton Hills Choir and other neighborhood entertainers. Jump around in the bounce house and enjoy party games, face painting, a birthday-themed photo booth, complimentary Shiner beer, a variety of sweet treats and more. A dedicated VIP section will be open for guests who are also celebrating their birthday in May, plus tons of giveaways. Birds will also try to break a world record for the largest number of people with their hair braided together. For more details, visit?birdsbarbershop.com.